THW/Medicaid Doula & Private Pay
Hello I’m Aleecia, a Certified Birth Doula, Certified Lactation Education Specialist and Mama of two. Like most Oregonians, outdoor activities bring me peace and spending time with my family warms my heart.
As an empathetic soul, I love helping and caring for people. In 2019, I started my training as a Labor Doula and enjoy what I do.
As your Doula, I want to help my clients make it to the finish line as we journey through the marathon that birth can be. The most important aspect of my work is building trust with my clients. Birth is personal, vulnerable and a sacred environment. So it is imperative to me to instill trust and comfort with my clients. Because by doing so, it helps me advocate for you during labor, especially in times where you can’t advocate for yourself. As a black woman, I am passionate about supporting my community and other marginalized communities to be a familiar face and a sense of safety for better birth outcomes for black and brown women and people.
I provide my clients with evidence based resources and techniques throughout the prenatal period so my clients feel well informed. I provide knowledge, so my clients are secure in their decision making and birth plan. Lastly I provide comfort, in having a care provider that is culturally specific and a member of the care team that you regularly connect with and trust.
In a nutshell, my goal as your doula is to instill comfortability in your ability to make decisions at your birth. To consent to your own experiences in the birthing environment and for you to take control and feel confident in advocating for your own autonomy. But to also know that when you can’t, I am right here with you and in full support of you!
Aleecia’s Doula Certifications:
- Birthingway College of Midwifery- Labor Doula Training taught by Raeben Nolan (2019), Certification completed (2022)
- BreastfeedLA- Certified Lactation Education Specialist Training
- American Heart Association- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR and AED Program Training and Certification
- Traditional Healthcare Worker- Registered in the State of Oregon as a THW Medicaid billing provider for Birth Doula Services
- Trauma Informed Care for Birth Professionals- Trauma Informed Care Training taught by Jesse Remer
- Trauma Informed Training- Trauma Informed Oregon
- Food Handlers Card- Multnomah County Health Department of Environmental Health Section
- Improving Cultural Competency Training- Ciné Med-Inc taught by Brian Mozelak
- Doula Business Class (Second Cohort)- Business Workshop for Doulas of Color Taught by Kimberly Porter & Raeben Nolan
- QPR Institute Inc.- QPR Gatekeeper Certification, Suicide Prevention
- Oregon Office of Child Care Central Background Registry- Oregon Department of Education
- Montessori Northwest- 0-3 Orientation Course Montessori Diploma taught by Alejandra Rosas
- Prevention is Better Than Treatment (PBTT)- The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (RRCAN)- The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education
- Safe Sleep for Oregon’s Infants(SS)- The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education
- Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety (ICCHS)- The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education